PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Reactor Suggestions?

hihikeke
06/29/2011, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking about to spend $200-$250 for a calcium reactor, I don't mind its used, any recommendation?

What about::
Used Marine Life Aquatics Calcium Reactor 150, good or not?
New Bubble Magus BM Calcium Reactor C100 AT?
New Reef Octopus Calcium Reactor?

Thanks!

coralreefhq
06/29/2011, 05:04 PM
1 Thing you forgot to mention;

How big is your tank and what do you plan on keeping in your tank?
Although, SPS's require stable Alk,Ca and Mag, it's not mandatory that you get a CaRx.

You can actually get away with doser, or just hand dose it.

Now, if you're keeping softies and LPS I wouldn't recommend a CaRx because it requires a lot of
maintenance and will crash your system if it's less than 90g if it should fail and overdose on you.

CaRx are generally used for large volumes
Dosing is for smaller volumes

So ask yourself;

How big is my tank?
What do I plan on housing?

Only then should you decide on which brand.

But the answer you're looking for would be, they're all great brands, see which design you like and how much output it is able to project.

MagicReefer
06/29/2011, 06:11 PM
Well I just bought the Korallin c-1502 (German made). With this one you dont need a ph monitor. The effluient can never get below 6.5ph. CO2 can not dissolve into your water once ph hits 6.5 or lower. With that said, it really dosnt matter the size of your tank ( small wise, but you can get to large for the reactor). I wouldnt put it on a nano reef but anything above 50g and you will be fine. It is a very good thing to have, but you need to know how it effects ca, kh and other things to be able to use it properly. The Tank size is really for reference only. Calcium consumption rate depends on the bio-load, water chemistry and the nature of the organisms.