PDA

View Full Version : Question about pellet food.

Reef1589
06/29/2011, 07:59 PM
hey, ive been feediny my clownfish New life Spectrum Thera+a ... and my question is...

if i over feed, the pellets they dont eat.. will they pollute the water (forcing my to do more water changes faster) ...i try to suck as many uneaten ones out, but i know alot go under teh rocks, so thats my conern.

Lynnmw1208
06/29/2011, 08:03 PM
If you have a clean up crew (hermits, snails and shrimp) you shouldn't have an issue with uneaten food as they will eat it :thumbsup:

cloak
06/29/2011, 09:08 PM
Relying on your CUC is not really something you want to do IMO. It basically means that you made a mess. Try feeding 2 or 3 pellets at a time. If they eat it, cool. Wait a few minutes or so and then do it again. It's a little tedious but it is much safer.

C0rp
06/29/2011, 10:04 PM
One of the reasons I love a DSB....feed it and forget it. There isn't a morsel of uneaten food that doesn't get eaten by something crawling out of the sand or out from under a rock! Lol

Saadatski
06/29/2011, 10:12 PM
well my clowns eat like crazy and i feed them 3 times a day with around 10 pellets each

if they dont eat it when you feed, eventually they will realize the food is at the bottom and eat it later