PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong?

IVXX
06/30/2011, 08:57 PM
I've noticed that my Kole Yellow Eye Tang has been mildly twitching, he's swimming around fine, no fins recessed, no spots, eating normal, but he twitches here and there as he swims, is this something to worry about or am I over reacting?

C0rp
06/30/2011, 09:29 PM
You need to keep a close eye on him to see if anything develops. That's what I would be doing at least. The last thing you want to do is throw a bunch of treatments at a fish when you don't know what your dealing with. Id be keeping his diet strong with Selcon and garlic for good measure too. Good luck

IVXX
06/30/2011, 10:01 PM
he is currently eating various little bits of algae as well as the occasional frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms. I was debating picking up a clip for some seaweed to feed him. I've been keeping my eye on him though, my black percula clown and yellow watchman goby aren't showing any odd signs, just my tang.

b0bab0ey
07/01/2011, 09:06 AM
Head twitching is a common symptom of Flukes, although I wouldn't rule out external parasites either. One relatively safe way to see if he has Flukes is to give him a FW bath. Use a clear glass container. You should see the Flukes fall off and settle at the bottom. This link gives pretty good instructions on how to give a SW fish a FW bath:

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/hyposalinity/ht/ht_fwbath.htm

Tat2demon
07/04/2011, 09:13 AM
I would agree on the flukes but instead I would just do two treatments of prazipro. The freshwater dip will work but we all know how hard it van be getting fish out of some tanks.

Prazi is safe to treat in your tank so you won't have to worry about stressing the fish.

Also if it does have flukes you will need to treat the entire tank anyway.

IVXX
07/04/2011, 12:23 PM
Well, I found a single little white ball on his right fin, (salt crystal looking). I picked up some Kardon Ich Treatment, supposedly it's reef safe, the guy at the fish store also recommend that I raise the temp in my tank to about 82-83 degrees. Can anyone give me a clue in on this, to make things worse, my tank just went through a algae bloom so my tank is cloudy greenish, lol.

b0bab0ey
07/04/2011, 01:19 PM
At this point a pic would help. How big is this "single little white ball"? Ich is super fine and looks more like sprinkled sugar. Some people say it looks like white dust. Also, it's usually all over the fish, not just one single white dot.

I've never used Kordon Ich Treatment, but most people on here will tell you that any "reef safe" Ich treatment won't work. Only copper and hypo work on Ich - neither are reef safe. Read here for more info:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1992196

IVXX
07/04/2011, 01:33 PM
it literally looks like a single grain of salt, one single spot on his right fin, that's all. small white bump. i've tried to catch him to give him a fresh water bath but it's hard to catch him. my black percula nor my yellow watchman have no signs of anything.