PDA

View Full Version : my live rock is fuzzy and flaking

stl fish spot
06/30/2011, 09:36 PM
here is a before and after image of my live rock that shows before and after a turkey bast .does anyone know what is going on???

stl fish spot
06/30/2011, 09:47 PM
hers a pic of the whole thing, that is the only rock causing a problem

sjwitt
07/01/2011, 05:44 AM
Could be some leaching from the rock. Where did you get it and how long have you had it? Your tank looks new so you're probably cycling with no livestock. I would just let it be during the cycle and keep tabs on your water parameters. If it continues and doesn't eventually slow down and stop, then I'd remove it and get a new piece.

stl fish spot
07/01/2011, 05:59 AM
as the title says a small high end fish store.

crvz
07/01/2011, 07:43 AM
how long has the rock been in your tank? If it's recent, then that's likely nothing more than a settling of debris from moving the rocks around. It can take a few weeks or more to get all that out of the system (or at least settled to the point you don't notice it).

stl fish spot
07/01/2011, 10:31 PM
yes but why would that be the only rock with this problem???

sjwitt
07/02/2011, 07:02 AM
yes but why would that be the only rock with this problem???

That's what makes me think its something leaching out of this rock. What are the water parameters? Like I said, if you're cycling let it be and see what happens. If it continues I would take it out and either sump it or get rid of it altogether because if you don't know what it is it could mess with your parameters later when the tank is full and mature.