PDA

View Full Version : Naso Tang QT

120gallonFOWLR
07/01/2011, 03:48 PM
I recieved my naso tang a couple days ago. He usually does stays in one spot in my QT, he doesnt swim too much. He only eats Nori if it is ground up and the food has to literally flow into it's mouth to eat. Should i be worried that he's not swimming around too much? What can i do? The QT is about 25 gallons.
Thanks

aday2remmbr
07/01/2011, 04:23 PM
when you have a larger tank and you are quarantining larger fish a large quarantine tank is a must, with anything less than a 70 gallon tank usually you can get away with 20-25 gallons but if you are acclimating tangs and large fish such as that id say a minimum lquarantine tank size would be 35-40 gallons, also how large is the tang? it will outgrow that tank soon if it is already fairly large so plan an upgrade in your future.

lagatbezan
07/01/2011, 04:31 PM
Are you treating with any meds or copper?

b0bab0ey
07/01/2011, 04:35 PM
How big is the Naso? And what are the dimensions of your 25g QT? What kind of filter system are you running in your QT? Have you checked the pH and ammonia in there since adding the Tang? Anything visibly wrong with the Tang? Heavy breathing, head shaking, white spots, etc.?