PDA

View Full Version : Dr G's Medicated frozen food

Terryz_
07/02/2011, 11:54 AM
Recently came across this fish food that my friend is bringing in.

Anti Bacterial Frozen Fish Food
http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/images/Frozen_AntiBacter.jpg

Anti Parasitic Frozen Fish Food
http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/images/Frozen_AntiParasit.jpg

De-Wormer Frozen Fish Food
http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/images/Frozen_DeWormer.jpg

Anyone have experience with these?

Terryz_
07/03/2011, 11:45 AM
No one use before?

Lynnmw1208
07/03/2011, 10:54 PM
I have never heard of these. you can't order it online though :(

Terryz_
07/04/2011, 05:03 AM
I think it can be bought from LFS only...

rtb388
07/06/2011, 12:00 AM
Bought it recently at LFS on an potential ich scare... use it a few times with no problems in a mixed reef. Cant say if it cured anything but I don't see spots on my clown anymore....

I can say i had no issues in tank though

Terryz_
07/06/2011, 05:11 AM
Bought it recently at LFS on an potential ich scare... use it a few times with no problems in a mixed reef. Cant say if it cured anything but I don't see spots on my clown anymore....

I can say i had no issues in tank though

They are having white spot initially?

pencil3
07/06/2011, 05:57 AM
You can contact them directly to order, they ship 2 day air with dry ice.

Chris27
07/06/2011, 09:24 AM
While I don't see it being helpful for parasites like crypt or brook, I do see it being very beneficial for other ailments having to do with bacteria, fungus or worms.

rtb388
07/06/2011, 09:41 AM
They are having white spot initially?

Looked like ich... like a grain of salt or sand on them... but like i said .. i wasnt sure... so many things look like ich so i am very slow to treat with QT/ copper/ hypo etc

Don't know if this worked but i know that it didnt hurt is all i can say ;)

jkenne37
09/02/2011, 08:21 PM
I do this for my 2 friends, My Blue-spotted Jawfish & Mandarian Goby.

I purchased Dr. G's Ant Parasite version of the medicated food line and followed the directions to the T. The reason for medicating the reef was due to the loss of a wrasse and I took the recommendation of the Reef store to use this product as a safety measure to ensure that my fish were all safe.

Well, let me say boy I was hesitant because of my SPS dominated mixed reef setup. It's a beauty and all my fish seemed healthy besides the loss of the wrasse.

I went ahead as a safety measure and feed a 1 inch section into my reef following the Directions perfectly. well my Jawfish jumped up and grabbed half of it (was a pig) and the other fish munched down on the remainder. there was none left and and all seemed well for the first week, every other day of feeding.

The reef seemed fine, SPS's were happy and no ill effect was apparent. on the beginning on the 5th feeding I noticed my Jawfish wasn't in his burrow and he was in the back on his side turing white and loosing all his fins, he then was floating on the top barely surviving and I immediately made a make shift quarantine and dosed some stress guard to help with his pain. A perfectly healthy 2 year old jawfish died today mid way through the treatment. I stopped the program immediately and began to inspect my fish. My Mandarin goby which I have recently fattened up with home made cultures of copepods has gone missing which is not good, I can always find him. I began looking at my corals and notice that one of my lps corals was dying on one side. GRRR

well, needless to say all my other fish appear fine and I have stopped the treatment and will not use the product again due to the experience. I'm a experienced reefer with a 220 gallon SPS dominated reef system with flawless water perimeters and a filtration & reef system that would make zeus jelous.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - only in quarantine setup or if it is the only option, not as a preventative.

Questions I have?
What if a fish is a piggie and eats a lot of the food, will that harm them?
Why would my perfectly healthy fish die and not the others?

Well I hope my loss will help you save a life. think twice.

rfalvey89
09/04/2011, 04:45 PM
I do this for my 2 friends, My Blue-spotted Jawfish & Mandarian Goby.

I purchased Dr. G's Ant Parasite version of the medicated food line and followed the directions to the T. The reason for medicating the reef was due to the loss of a wrasse and I took the recommendation of the Reef store to use this product as a safety measure to ensure that my fish were all safe.

Well, let me say boy I was hesitant because of my SPS dominated mixed reef setup. It's a beauty and all my fish seemed healthy besides the loss of the wrasse.

I went ahead as a safety measure and feed a 1 inch section into my reef following the Directions perfectly. well my Jawfish jumped up and grabbed half of it (was a pig) and the other fish munched down on the remainder. there was none left and and all seemed well for the first week, every other day of feeding.

The reef seemed fine, SPS's were happy and no ill effect was apparent. on the beginning on the 5th feeding I noticed my Jawfish wasn't in his burrow and he was in the back on his side turing white and loosing all his fins, he then was floating on the top barely surviving and I immediately made a make shift quarantine and dosed some stress guard to help with his pain. A perfectly healthy 2 year old jawfish died today mid way through the treatment. I stopped the program immediately and began to inspect my fish. My Mandarin goby which I have recently fattened up with home made cultures of copepods has gone missing which is not good, I can always find him. I began looking at my corals and notice that one of my lps corals was dying on one side. GRRR

well, needless to say all my other fish appear fine and I have stopped the treatment and will not use the product again due to the experience. I'm a experienced reefer with a 220 gallon SPS dominated reef system with flawless water perimeters and a filtration & reef system that would make zeus jelous.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - only in quarantine setup or if it is the only option, not as a preventative.

Questions I have?
What if a fish is a piggie and eats a lot of the food, will that harm them?
Why would my perfectly healthy fish die and not the others?

Well I hope my loss will help you save a life. think twice.

..post is appreciated! as I have seen it locally but not known anyone who used it as a preventative option. Sorry to hear the end result was so bad. I did get the Dr. G's Krill which seems to be ok..all my fish love it but I know that's NO consolation for the loss of fish. ..more of an FYI