PDA

View Full Version : SWC Skimmer Help

killarsox
07/02/2011, 09:25 PM
I have a SWC 160, it's been running pretty good since I got it. The only problem I really had with it, is when you unplug it and plug it back in you have to blow in the air valve to get it going. Well to today I came home to my skimmer completely overflowed and my sump full of foam. Now when I plug the skimmer in the collection cup fills up with water within a minute or two.
Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Percula9
07/02/2011, 09:38 PM
How many inches of water is the skimmer immersed in? Check the venturi for salt. Lower the water level in the skimmer body.

killarsox
07/02/2011, 09:50 PM
It's in about 8-8.5" of water. I don't believe it's due to the water height. The skimmer is already more than broken in and was operating at this water level for a while now.

Percula9
07/02/2011, 10:09 PM
What is the recommended height? Like I said, check the venturi for a clog.

palmer373
07/03/2011, 02:00 AM
when my SWC 120's collection cup fills up with water super fast I turn the water adjustment valve so it lowers the water line in the skimmer body (i believe its clockwise, need to check the instructions). It always works for me. Possibly could the valve been nudge somehow? Sometimes when mine goes untouched it just fills up with water uber fast, maybe a cat nudged it or something. JMO HTH