PDA

View Full Version : Re BTA Problem

ReefAus
07/03/2011, 02:23 AM
Hi

I recently introduced biopellets to my system and the BTA didn't like it at all. I unfortunately put too much in which probably shocked the system. :headwally:

Anyway, everything is back to looking great except for the BTAs which have retracted all of their tentacles so that there are none at all, just the oral disc. It's been a number of weeks now and they don't seem to be recovering; has anyone experienced something similar and what is the likelihood of them recovering or will they starve to death. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks

Rgds

Steve

bradleym
07/03/2011, 06:55 AM
I don't have any experience with that specifically, but usually, when they "retract" their tentacles, they are actually eating them because they are starving. Please list your parameters, especially lighting and tank size. Also, do you feed them and how often?

sjwitt
07/03/2011, 10:14 AM
Also, a picture would help.

Catchoftheday
07/03/2011, 12:57 PM
I know what you are going through i am one to say you can nurse it back to health im still working on mine as we speak i have been working on this nem for about 2 1/2 to 3 months now . Take a look at my post hope it will help .

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2007119