PDA

View Full Version : what can i do?? ro/ di info neeeded

leadsinker
07/03/2011, 08:45 PM
i did not realize that waste water in line restriction valve was on, and for how long it had been restricting my waste water.
i am guessing for about the last 4 weeks. my tds meter was not giving proper readings

i take it that i have been over forcing water thur the membrane, and di unit correct?

i filter less than 10 gallon's a week, between top off and weekly water change, i doubt i have filtered more than 400 gallon's total

tds readings out of tap is around 85-90 and around 50 after ro/di unit.

have i ruined membrane, is there a chance that i can replace di resin and be good again

ro/di unit. filters,membrane, di resin are are about 8 month old

any input much appreciated

thank yolu alfred

disc1
07/04/2011, 12:40 AM
You mean you had the flow restrictor bypassed? The valve was open?

There should be a restrictor when you are making water. Without that, almost all of the water will go out the waste and the clean water may not be as clean. You need good pressure on the high pressure side of the membrane to make RO work.

The valve is closed then the restrictor is the only thing inline. When the flush valve is opened then the restrictor is bypassed and you are flushing the membrane.

HTH

Buckeye Hydro
07/04/2011, 10:22 AM
Check the TDS of your RO water.

With the low TDS of your tap water, I suspect you'll be ok.

Russ

leadsinker
07/04/2011, 10:53 AM
thanks for replies. my tds meter is out of calibration. owner's manual does not have info about calibration. i will close the restriction flow valve to increase flow psi. hopefully that will get my tds back down to single digit's. tomarrow i will test at work

HAVE A GREAT 4TH

THANKS

leadsinker
07/05/2011, 10:28 PM
You mean you had the flow restrictor bypassed? The valve was open?

There should be a restrictor when you are making water. Without that, almost all of the water will go out the waste and the clean water may not be as clean. You need good pressure on the high pressure side of the membrane to make RO work.

The valve is closed then the restrictor is the only thing inline. When the flush valve is opened then the restrictor is bypassed and you are flushing the membrane.

HTH

yes, operator errror!! closed restristion valve,getting 1 ppm reading

thanks disc1

Check the TDS of your RO water.

With the low TDS of your tap water, I suspect you'll be ok.

Russ

ro water is about 50 ppm, got it back to 1ppm

thanks Russ