PDA

View Full Version : Urgent, Having huge issues with new apex

sinful
07/06/2011, 05:48 PM
Ok so I got rid of a perfectly good working ac3 to upgrade to an apex. Recieved it yesterday and got it all setup with my tank. Everything was working good last night when I went to sleep. Didn't check tank this morning but come home from work this evening and my ATO resevoir is totally empty, outlets are turning themselves on and off, my return pump stops and starts.

I can get into the web interface and go to status and it shows outlets on that are actually off, shows outlets off that are currently on?? this is killing me, I dumped about 3g of top off water into my 40g system. and who knows how long my lights have been on and/or off today.

I updated firmware to latest and it changed nothing. This a known issue? Any remedy?

RussM
07/06/2011, 06:20 PM
Go onto the Configuration->Module setup page. Look at the bottom section. Are there more EB8s listed than you actually have?

sinful
07/06/2011, 06:45 PM
Not sure, but thank you for the reply. Last two times I have tried to get into the web interface it has locked the controller display and I have to unplug it to reboot. I'll check and update if I can get in.

sinful
07/06/2011, 06:46 PM
ok got in, it only shows two modules. 1 EB8 and the display

sinful
07/06/2011, 09:14 PM
Have it all set back up again, however now when I try to calibrate my temp probe it goes up by 4 each time. its at 110 now and water temp is 78.4. If I calibrate it back down to 78.4 it jumps to 114

sinful
07/06/2011, 09:42 PM
ok so I reverted back a firmware version and temp works correctly, but now it shows I have like 4 display modules and 3 EB8's

sinful
07/06/2011, 10:26 PM
think I 'm gonna throw the towel in on the apex. Pretty sure it has now messed up the motor block on my skimmer from turning starting/stopping it because of it freezing up.

RussM
07/07/2011, 12:47 PM
Your best bet is to contact Neptune support.

sinful
07/07/2011, 09:20 PM
Just an update on this. I contacted Curt and he was pretty helpful and checked everything out of the net. I'm pretty sure my firmware was currupt and I reflashed again with the latest firmware and everything seems to be doing fine now. It even feels like it's running smother over the net, everything is much quicker updated..etc. Nothing is turning on/off and I'm now able to calibrate my temp through the web feature which I was not able to do last night. My skimmer pump is toast, but I'm not going to blame it on the apex...Maybe it was almost dead already and the multiple on/off's put it over the edge.

Hopefully it all stays on track.