PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Vortech MP40

Roblox84
07/07/2011, 01:13 PM
So a while ago I was debating on reef central whether to buy an mp40 or a tunze 6105. I decided on the vortech due to several responses. Well, I just got it by ups today and hooked up and running 10 minutes ago and boy, is it freakin' sweet. I am so glad I chose this because even the vortech looks big in my tank, but not anything as big as the tunze would look. And not to mention it is very quiet. That was my biggest concern with the unit was noise because any little annoying noises **** me off, but I am very pleased with the sound levels. My house a/c vents blow louder then this vortech is when running at 100 percent. I have not tried a wave with this unit and I don't think I will right now unless I get really bored because I put it on long pulse mode for the gyre thing and it is amazing and I just don't want to switch it. I think I will leave it on that for some time and maybe then try the reefcrest or lagoon mode that it seems like most people only use. I am uploading a video of the vortech as I type this so I will post the link to youtube here in a bit. I was also wondering, does reefcreest or lagoon mode create the back and forth swaying motion or only the pulse modes? Here is the link for the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTU_kZnMK2o

robs.mark
07/07/2011, 10:19 PM
Looks like that Xenia is loving the flow!!

Roblox84
07/07/2011, 10:53 PM
Looks like that Xenia is loving the flow!!

Honestly that xenia loves everything a little too much. I think it was a pretty bad idea putting that in because it has spread everywhere. You can't see it that well on video but it has spread all the way up to the rim of the tank, but I took out most of it except some that actually grew on my return nozzle. There is also little xenias sprouting everywhere across the tank and I don't know what to do anymore. I am just thinking that since I don't have many corals in there now, I will just let the xenia take over and when I get my 125 gallon going I will just get some new live rock.