PDA

View Full Version : Ro unit

nellynel21
07/08/2011, 02:17 PM
Hi reefers

im trying to do an upgrade to my ro unit.at the moment i have a 3 stage kent 25gpd.i have had the ro unit for 5 years.im trying to go more pro with the ro unit im trying to buy the kent marine deluxe hi-s 60gpd or the spectrapure max cap 180gpd....
What you guys recommend me to buy!!!!

mdeleon1
07/08/2011, 02:22 PM
I saw this on another thread and looks pretty good. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/reverse-osmosis-filters-and-systems/reverses-osmosis-deionization-systems/standard-ro-di-systems/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-plus-system.html

Even thinking about building a mobile unit to attach it to.

rbennett15
07/08/2011, 03:32 PM
from what i've heard is that the less production of RO per day the more pure it would be

disc1
07/08/2011, 05:15 PM
from what i've heard is that the less production of RO per day the more pure it would be

That's not even remotely true.

JoeRonda
07/08/2011, 05:38 PM
I've had a Coralife TFC 50GPD 4 stage for about 14 months now. The TDS meter says source water is 260ppm, from the membrane it is 10ppm, the product water after the DI was 0. Well 14 months and I just had to replace everything except the TFC membrane. Bulk Reef Supply is the place to shop, I got a sediment filter, carbon block, color changing nuclear grade DI resin, and a refillable DI cartridge for $37 shipped. This unit now gives me 100GPD for some reason, I'm thinking it is because of the micron size of the sediment and carbon cartridges. I bought 5 micron ones to replace the 14 mo. old originals, maybe they were 1 micron. Anyway I'm back to zero TDS, Bulk Reef Supply kicks @$$.:inlove:

tecnomage
07/08/2011, 05:57 PM
I've heard great things about the spectrapure but I've never used one. Bulk reef supply is another popular option.

CLeadfootS
07/08/2011, 06:01 PM
I have the bulk reef supply 5 stage plus system and I highly recommend it. I hear you can get in on a group buy and save some money on it. It comes with a pressure gauge and TDS meter and attachments to hook it up all kinds of ways.

tecnomage
07/08/2011, 06:48 PM
I have the bulk reef supply 5 stage plus system and I highly recommend it. I hear you can get in on a group buy and save some money on it. It comes with a pressure gauge and TDS meter and attachments to hook it up all kinds of ways.

I think the group buys happen every month in the bulk reef supply sponsor forum.

mtnbiker44
07/08/2011, 07:10 PM
I also have the BRS 5 stage with the 150GPD upgrade. The best investment. The waste water ratio is 1-1. You wont be sorry.

bnumair
07/08/2011, 07:22 PM
i have had a few units installed in my garage and every few yrs due to cold 1 bursts. anyways lately i have been using bulkreefsupply 6 stage delux and is probably the best unit i ever used.

Buckeye Hydro
07/09/2011, 05:34 AM
You can improve your current system easily by adding a pressure gauge, a higher capacity membrane and matching flow restrictor, and an Add-On DI Kit.

Russ

djgoodbody
07/09/2011, 06:16 AM
My R.o filter (ryair 5 stage) has recently had all the internal filters changed and yet i am still receiving water between 30 and 35 ppm after filtration with the main source being at 220ppm??any ideas as to why this may be? It is only a small r.o as my volume of water including sump is 110Gallons so im only using it for 5 Gallon fresh water top ups weekly and water changes when necessary, i have an algae problem at the moment and im trying to whittle down the causes, thanks Dan.

disc1
07/09/2011, 09:29 AM
My R.o filter (ryair 5 stage) has recently had all the internal filters changed and yet i am still receiving water between 30 and 35 ppm after filtration with the main source being at 220ppm??any ideas as to why this may be? It is only a small r.o as my volume of water including sump is 110Gallons so im only using it for 5 Gallon fresh water top ups weekly and water changes when necessary, i have an algae problem at the moment and im trying to whittle down the causes, thanks Dan.

Probably better to start a new thread with this instead of hijcking thins one. There are a number of reasons that your unit may not be working right. Start a new thread and give some details and you will probably find the answer.

nellynel21
07/09/2011, 12:56 PM
SO IM GOING WITH THE SpectraPureŽ MaxCap RO/DI System, 180gpd w/ Pressure Gauge & Purity Monitor ..
LET SEE HOW IT GOES!!!!

http://www.marinedepot.com/SpectraPure_MaxCap_RO_DI_System_w_Pressure_Gauge_Purity_Monitor_90_to_180_Gallons_Per_Day_RO_DI_Wate r_Filter_Systems-SpectraPure-SP1711-FIRORDNH-vi.html

IM GOING TO START A NEW 225 TENECO 72X24X30 REEF OR FOWLR TREAD SOON.I PURCHASE THIS TANK FROM MANHATTAN AQUARIUM (http://manhattanaquariums.com) LOCATED IN 522W 37ST NY NY

Green Chromis
07/09/2011, 02:46 PM
You won't be sorry with the SpectraPure unit I have one and they have the best membranes on the market IMHO.

rbennett15
07/12/2011, 07:25 PM
That's not even remotely true.

http://www.reefcentral.com/index.php/rodi-faq read the GPD section, it says "RO membranes larger than 35 GPD produce water that is slightly less pure."

Buckeye Hydro
07/12/2011, 08:03 PM
RE the topic of rejection, see the following table. Membranes up to and including the 100 gpd are made by Filmtec.

Russ

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/BuckeyeFS/ROMembraneFactorySpecs-1.jpg