PDA

View Full Version : returns

countrykat
07/08/2011, 07:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been about 20 years since I have had saltwater and my son and I are going to install the pump in the morning. Well I got my old return out a few minutes ago and it was busted. It was a return off of a magnum cannister filter. Could I get a few pictures of your return discharge into the tank. Does Fluval sell a discharge, or does Magnum filters still exist, or do you just use pvc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

ReefPharmer
07/08/2011, 07:37 PM
The answer you are looking for depends on your set up. Do you have a sump? Do you run a canister filter instead of a sump? If you have a sump, do you want to drill it in order to run an outside pump (such as an iwaki or others?) or do you have room in the sump to put an internal pump such as an eheim or many other internal pumps you can purchase. If you have room, the pros of an internal pump is that it is cheaper and you do not have to drill the sump. The negs of an internal is that it gives off heat and will add a bit of heat to your aquarium.

jinks
07/08/2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.marinedepot.com/U_Tube_with_Directional_Return_Returns_Plumbing_Parts-Plumbing_Parts-FT0001-FIFTRP-vi.html PVC works good too.