PDA

View Full Version : Aquacontroller Jr. not connecting to DC8

endojoew
07/09/2011, 11:01 PM
Bought this used. I have the controller and dip switches set to A. There does not seem to be any communication. Any suggestions?

RussM
07/10/2011, 12:05 AM
Make sure the cable has 4 wires, not just 2. And it needs to be plugged into the CTRL IN jack on the DC8, not the CTRL OUT jack.

Do you mean A01-A08? or A08-A16? And you've defined the equivalent timers in the Jr?

The DIP switches on the DC8 are upside down.. ON is down/OFF is up. For bus addresses A01-A08, looking at the DC8 with the outlets on top, the switches should be up-up-up-(don't care) going from left to right.

endojoew
07/10/2011, 10:34 PM
All dip switches are up, controller set to A, cable is plugged in to Cntl In. I have LT1 set to manual on. DC8 LED is solid on, not blinking, I have no power to any of the outlets. I have tried other settings and combinations with the same result. I am thinking the DC8 is dead. The controller passes self test. Anyone at Neptune have an opinion?

RussM
07/10/2011, 10:38 PM
Anyone at Neptune have an opinion?This is primarily a users-helping-users forum; if you want direct help from Neptune, email them or call. support@neptunesys.com Curt is great about responding quickly to email.