PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Bubble coral

jaggy
07/12/2011, 08:10 AM
I am working in Africa ATM and before i left last week i got a bubble coral for the tank now this has been left in my missus care while i am at work .

I live in the uk and the hobbiset that sent the coral to me idnt include a heat pack or alot of water . i usally acclimatize my corals over a 2 hrs period of dripping water from the tank into a bucket with coral in it , but i had no choice but to place it straight into the tank .

My missus has said that the coral hasny fully opened at all and is very deflated she says she thinks she can see the skelatal structure in the middle of the coral .

I have been advised to try and feed it to help it along but maybe its to late? how will i know if its dead and get it out of the tank before it pollutes everything ?

here is a pic wife sent me today
;(

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/marcann/f54aba29.jpg

bear in mind this thing is over 12" when fully expanded , and everthing else in the tank inc my brain and arco corals are great ?

LPSGurl
07/12/2011, 03:30 PM
Wow, something is going on there.. it may be a water parameter issue, or possibly gotten stung by Aiptasia, All I can say is check the water, and move it in a lower flow area, away from anything that could possibly harm it...

Christina

lgull1
07/12/2011, 05:33 PM
The bubble may just have to acclimate to your new tank. They tend to do just what it is doing now. Mine has done that when i had to tear my old tank and put my new tank up. They are very resilient corals. I would wait a week and see if he still is like that. my 2 cents

jaggy
07/13/2011, 04:46 AM
cheers guys i hope so as the coral is stunning , i would have thought the bubble would have killed the aips no? i know the sting from a cataphilia coral kills then dead

its in a low flow area of the tank about 34 inches down and tank is light by a single 400 w radium 20k mh

coral_addict
07/13/2011, 09:22 AM
From what I can see in the pic, it looks like the bubble is surrounded by aiptasia. Even if the bubble's sting can kill them, they're going to sting it back and with that many it could definitely hurt the coral.

Crazy fish eye
07/13/2011, 09:34 AM
That is a lot of aptasia. You need about 400 peppermint shrimp. Lol. Hope ur bubble makes it.

jaggy
07/14/2011, 10:49 AM
thanks guys i have 8 peppermint shrimps 2 copperbands and a filefish now takling the aips ;)

jameskb
07/14/2011, 01:41 PM
Bubbles are nearly un-killable stinging machines, after the aiptasia is gone, make sure your water parameters are fine and nature will revive it on its own.