PDA

View Full Version : Adding rock after cycle?

Tschupe
07/17/2011, 08:34 PM
My tank is 10 weeks old and fully cycled. I have a pair of clowns in there and a few snails.
I'm thinking I might want to add some more rock. It's from reefcleaners, so it's completely dead and white. I think I read one time on here that it's safe to add dead rock to a tank.
Is this safe to do?

papagimp
07/17/2011, 08:51 PM
rinse it off first to get rid of any powdery residue from shipping and plop it in where you want it. You'll be fine. It'll color up in no time and seed off what's already in their. Shouldn't see any ill effects. If it were dead unclean rock you'd want to cure it first but for the dry white rock, should be perfectly safe.

edited to add: Class of 98' Chandler High rocks! :P

kingfisher62
07/17/2011, 08:53 PM
rinse it off first to get rid of any powdery residue from shipping and plop it in where you want it. You'll be fine. It'll color up in no time and seed off what's already in their. Shouldn't see any ill effects. If it were dead unclean rock you'd want to cure it first but for the dry white rock, should be perfectly safe.

Edited to add: Class of 98' chandler high rocks! :p

+1

Tschupe
07/17/2011, 09:23 PM
Ok that's what I thought. Just wanted to double check. Thanks!

symon_say
07/17/2011, 11:07 PM

Edited to add: Class of 98' chandler high rocks! :p

+2