PDA

View Full Version : Clams with emerald crab ?

Jason F
07/17/2011, 11:20 PM
I have little bubble algae problem, so is it safe to put emerald crab in the same tank with my clams.

DanEnglish
07/17/2011, 11:42 PM
ime yes.

rtb388
07/17/2011, 11:48 PM
I had a clam and emerald together before.. crab never bothered anyone... Just make sure they arent hungry and he will be good in my opinion

moliken
07/18/2011, 05:02 AM
i had to get rid of mine when it got a little bigger. nipped for sure. same w/ sallys. beyond a certain size or with a certain temperament, they're mr hyde. personally, i'd try to get the bubble algae out by hand. the emerald may not do it anyway. they are not a guarantee to eat it.

Jason F
07/18/2011, 08:32 AM
i had to get rid of mine when it got a little bigger. nipped for sure. same w/ sallys. beyond a certain size or with a certain temperament, they're mr hyde. personally, i'd try to get the bubble algae out by hand. the emerald may not do it anyway. they are not a guarantee to eat it.

Jeah I know, but I have to do something. This is second time now. Last time when I was in thailand, my friend should take care of my tank, but didnīt do what he suppose to do, so bubble algae took whole tank, literally. I had to start over.

I think this summer heat is doing these algae problems...cayano, hair, bubble. I think iīm the only one who have bubble algae. I mean here in finland.
Btw. Mespilia globulus how effective they are.

NYCBOB
07/18/2011, 01:12 PM
r u sure they r bubble algae and not bubbles forming from the cyano?

moliken
07/18/2011, 03:11 PM
hadn't thought of that, bob. i frequently get scared by mistaking one for the other. pic would help.

Jason F
07/19/2011, 01:50 AM
r u sure they r bubble algae and not bubbles forming from the cyano?

Yes Iīm sure.
Last time when i had it, i had to throw every single rock away, because bubble cover whole tank. I didnīt even see inside the tank. All what was left whole operation was streams, complete disaster.:headwally: