PDA

View Full Version : Flatworm exit = dead cerith snails!

Manta034
07/18/2011, 08:44 PM
So here is my experience with Flatworm Exit if anyone is interested. First, I don't think my flatworm infestation was as bad as some people have experienced. I could see dozens of them on my glass but could not see any of the on my sand bed or live rock.

I started by siphoning out as many of them as I could. Then I dosed the recommended amount (60 drops for my 75g). Almost instantly after dosing my cerith snails began falling off my glass. After about 5 minutes, ALL of them were dead - about 100 total. I quickly did a 20% water change, siphoned out the dead flatworms, and begun carbon dosing. About an hour later I noticed one of my brittle stars was flailing around. He's still alive but doesn't look to well. All my other snails - nerite, nassarius, and turbo - seem to be acting a little weird but are alive.

So, with the first dose all said and done, all my cerith's are dead along with some of the flatworms. It appears many of the flatworms have died but there are definitely some still alive. I weary about doing another dose in the future but if all my cerith's are already dead I guess it may be worth another shot. :worried:

All in all, not too satisfied with the results.

scadsobees
07/18/2011, 09:23 PM
If they are acoel flatworms (google image search) then you probably needed the FWE.

I had flatworms but just little brown ones, not acoel. I did a FWE unecesarily , didn't kill them but I see very few now, just a part of the cycle.

I don't think I had a problem with snails, but there were a few things that acted funny, but recovered fine.