PDA

View Full Version : House being Bug sprayed! Help!

critofer
07/19/2011, 08:29 PM
Hello,

We seem to have cockroaches in our house and the bug guy is coming in like a week. He is spraying the whole inside of the house including the rooms with tanks in them. what should I do to protect my tank!?

I was thinking suran wrap the whole thing and seal it off with duct tape and run a bunch of carbon.

Ideas on how to protect my tank from the bug spray!?

HELP!

Thanks

critofer
07/20/2011, 02:50 PM
Bump

Dbroncoboy
07/20/2011, 02:54 PM
I had my house sprayed but they just did the base boards. Shouldn't effect the tanks unless they are spraying it into the air. If you haver an air pump turn it off. Maybe even your skimmer. As long as they are just doing baseboard treatment you should be fine.

scarface70706
07/20/2011, 02:54 PM
seal off any openings where the waters exposed to the air and you should be fine.

1Fish
07/20/2011, 03:22 PM
I get our house sprayed twice a year for spiders with no extra precautions taken. But the pest guy sprays the baseboards and under the house in the crawlspace.

If they plan on fogging the house i would make it air tight as possible and ask the buy guy, I'm sure this wouldn't be the first house he treated with a tank.

speer
07/20/2011, 05:37 PM
I've always made sure they don't send anything airborne in the house. They do spray around the baseboards but that is the extent of it and the bug guy doesn't spray near the tank per my request.

critofer
07/20/2011, 06:06 PM
Well the tank is in my room. If he doesn't spray my room it would probably end up being the room they all live in.