PDA

View Full Version : skinny long worms

dannymac
07/20/2011, 06:13 AM
I see skinny very skinny long worms living in some of my sps corals that have receded and are showing signs of problems. Are these called brisal worms are they bad for corals. How do i get rid of them . They also have some red steaks on them the worms.

Paco
07/20/2011, 06:32 AM
Bristle Worms. Might be a problem, might not be. They will sting the hell out of you if you touch them.

Manta034
07/20/2011, 07:22 AM
If you could post a picture of the worm it would help with identifying it. Bristle worms are usually a pinkish color that have what look like hairs or "bristles" on them. They are normally beneficial to a tank. I have quite a few of them in my tank and usually only see them at night.

1Fish
07/20/2011, 04:20 PM
If they are indeed bristleworms i have heard both bad and good about them. I know my tank has them and my corals are fine. they say coral banded shrimp and some wrasses help control them, I have removed them by hand as well if they get to big (6+ inches) I only removed 2 by hand that size in two yrs of this tank.

coralguru23
07/21/2011, 03:14 PM
anything foreign in my reef tank I will remove, including small snails.. control the population before it gets out of control!