PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help?

hvacman250
07/20/2011, 05:27 PM
Unit is 2 months old- full blown Apex, $500.

It is creating EB8s that dont exist. I finally got in contact with Neptune. He took over my computer, updated to the newest software, deleted the false outlets, and said it would not happen again.

Well, one day later and its doing it again. Everytime it creates new outlets, it uses the profiles for the new outlets, which turns my 2 heaters on, skimmer off, and alk dosing pump on. Tank crash waiting to happen!

What component is malfunctioning? Something has to be done ASAP!

When I try to call Neptune, I get a busy signal or an answering machine!

swearint
07/20/2011, 06:07 PM
You'll get much faster response via email: support@neptunesys.com

Todd

hvacman250
07/20/2011, 06:15 PM
You'll get much faster response via email: support@neptunesys.com

Todd

That was the first thing I did. No response. Called a zillion times; finally left message around 430 Pacific time assuming they ran out for the day. Hopefully I get a call early Thursday/tomorrow morning.

Bottom line is something has to be done. This brand new unit cannot be trusted. If I wasnt home, the tank would have cooked and dumped a gallon of alk solution in the tank.

kenargo
07/20/2011, 09:05 PM
Have you looked at the logs; any power failures reported? There are a few things that can cause extra devices to appear (though both would be rare to actually create 1 given perfect timing). Power brownouts and line spikes, a bad EB8 or a bad/lose AquaBus cable. None are likely but they are the 1st thing I would suggest looking into. The logs may have power information and the cable is the easiest thing to try replacing.