PDA

View Full Version : Help with profilux

manni
07/22/2011, 10:14 AM
Hello i have a profilux plus II controller
now had i known it was going to be so hard to setup with my pc i probably wouldn't of bought it. Not knocking it down just yet. but this is whats wrong i have just went to maplins electrical store to purchase a rs232 to usb convertor as my pc does not facilitate rs232 connection and it still don't connect!!!. i have been reading further threads on rc but i ant much of a computer whiz and don't know nothing about emulating ports etc HELP????

ReefRockerLive
07/22/2011, 11:17 AM
Make sure you have installed the driver software included with your rs232/usb adapter and prolific drivers which can be found on the ghl website.

AQD_ottawa
07/22/2011, 11:40 AM
You need to first install the driver that came with your purchased adapter, as above, after that please email me IF you are located in North America for support.

sales@aqua-digital.com

If you are in another country please go to www.aquariumcomputer.com and then onto the forum for assistance.

manni
07/23/2011, 08:09 AM
i have already installed the driver software for the adapter but the software is still not recognising the controller. im assuming i have to mess around with ports or something. ottawa sadly im in the united kingdom! i have a cousin coming down later who knws a little about these kind of things ill let him give it a bash. the info on these threads should give him guidance of some sought. ill lett you know how it goes thanksall for help

AQD_ottawa
07/23/2011, 08:42 AM
In this case contact sales@reefdreams.co.uk for set up help

manni
07/24/2011, 05:01 AM
ottawa just wondering s it possible to upgrade my profilux plus II to the newer III?

AQD_ottawa
07/24/2011, 05:40 AM
Hi Yes

please email sales@reefdreams.co.uk