PDA

View Full Version : haddoni with no light

wdt2000
07/23/2011, 10:28 AM
Greetings,

I wanted to get an idea how long a large healthy S. haddoni could survive with out light?

The reason I ask is because I tried to move mine to another tank and caused it to take up shop under the rock work. No way to get her out and she has been under for a few months. She is also not being feed by me, I am assuming the clowns getting food to her.

Center left you can see her behind the kole.
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu107/bayleybrown/Reef/IMG_9258.jpg

Now you don't, she is under that same rock work.
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu107/bayleybrown/Reef/1488.jpg

elegance coral
07/23/2011, 10:43 AM
You've got to get her out from under the rocks. I know it's going to be a PITA, but it has to be done. If she dies under there, she could take out most of your livestock. The clock is ticking. She's slowly running out of energy and will die at some point, if she doesn't get out from under the rock.

ct_vol
07/23/2011, 12:27 PM
You definitely don't want it dying back there... Good luck...

wdt2000
07/23/2011, 01:29 PM
How about if I feed her, will this only encourage her to stay put?

Removing the rock would cause more damage I think, any suggestion on how to get her out without tearing down that structure? Total water is around 420 gallon, I can bump that up to 520 or 620 no problem to handle her death if I see it coming. But she is still green and expanded from what I can see.

If she moves I have another tank setup in the same system just for her and a possible mate if I can find a male.

Gill_bucket
07/23/2011, 01:55 PM
I would think it would wither away to nothing before it died, IE it wouldn't be a problem if it died IMO. I had a BTA living in a Rena canister filter for at least 4 months before it disappeared completely.

wdt2000
07/24/2011, 11:33 AM
Not sure what to think, I have given her 2 very large silversides and she is still very stick. No idea if she is eating them or not as I cannot really see her mouth. I have also reaccessed her foot location and I would have to tear down all of that rock work to get to it. Large portions of rock are under the sand bed :uhoh2: