PDA

View Full Version : 6-Line okay with my fish?

89Foxbody
07/23/2011, 05:42 PM
I have a Bar Goby, Pajama Cardinal, and 2 Clowns. Will a 6 line get along with these fellas? I've heard people say they are model citizens, some say they are demons. I have a ton of live rock in my tank for him to hide in, and it's a matured system which will offer him plenty of live food.

Do you think it would be compatible? I've wanted one of these guys for a long time.

wetshirt
07/23/2011, 06:25 PM
If I can catch mine I'm going to beat him to death with a hammer and drop him in the garbage disposal, well, maybe move him to an aggressive tank. He has already sent my black cap carpet surfing and about driven my candy cane hogfish goofy. And besides, he won't eat flat worms like he is suppose to, the reason I bought him! You may need the holes in your rock for the other fish. As you can probably guess I'm not a fan, but if you go ahead, I WISH YOU LUCK, they are a pretty fish and provide a lot of movement in the tank.

NYCBOB
07/23/2011, 06:58 PM
my 6 lines r very peaceful. in fact, i wish they were more aggressive.

albano
07/23/2011, 07:16 PM
DON"T RISK IT! 6 lines SUCK! If it's not yet aggressive, it will be.

Kahuna Tuna
07/23/2011, 07:42 PM
don"t risk it! 6 lines suck! If it's not yet aggressive, it will be.

+1

89Foxbody
07/23/2011, 07:44 PM
I was afraid I'd get such mixed reviews, lol. I don't want to end up with an insane fish so it looks like I will be passing.

snorvich
07/23/2011, 07:55 PM
DON"T RISK IT! 6 lines SUCK! If it's not yet aggressive, it will be.

Yes, I agree.

89Foxbody
07/23/2011, 08:19 PM
How about a Chalk Bass? If I were to add one now would I not be able to add any later?

albano
07/23/2011, 09:03 PM
How about a Chalk Bass? If I were to add one now would I not be able to add any later?
IME, those basslets seem to hide most of the time, won't get along with other basslets, and may eat your shrimp.

89Foxbody
07/24/2011, 10:40 AM
Well I am looking for 1 small fish to add to my tank. There are the 4 listed in there right now. From what I read, Bar Gobies should be added in groups so I don't want to upset my old one and he seems pretty happy already. I considered adding another Pajama but I've also read that they should be introduced together.

What are some good suggestions for a small, active, colorful fish that won't terrorize my current residents?

albano
07/24/2011, 11:11 AM
FWIW, I added a second bar goby, and second PJ, into my tank, with no problems, and they are always together (separately)!

What about a Royal Gramma?

Strange story...the PJ originally was paired, but 1 died about 4 yrs ago...the remaining PJ stayed in one spot in the tank 24/7/365...would only swim a short distance for food.
A few months ago, a friend gave me a pj that he no longer wanted...I acclimated him and added him to the left ft. corner of my 8' DT, after the lights were out. The original PJ's 'area' was 6' to the right, and remember, the lights were out, only a dim room light was on...As soon as I added the new PJ, the old PJ SHOT across the tank to see/meet the newcomer.
I was worried that there would be a fight, but there was not...BUT HOW did the old PJ, KNOW that I added another???????????

MIKE NY
07/24/2011, 03:09 PM
I agree with all the above posts...I had a breeding pair of chalks...they get big 5-7" and will eat anything that can fit in their mouths and as mentioned when larger they stay in caves most of the time...I also have a large six line and it's very agressive. It's Ok with upper swimmming fish like anthias cardinals etc..but anything with simular feeding or body shapes are attacked...like gobies, wrasses, blennies,basslets etc..

Wolverine
07/24/2011, 05:08 PM
my 6 lines r very peaceful. in fact, i wish they were more aggressive.

Consider yourself lucky. They're often terrors, especially in a tank this size.

I think that would be fine. They behave better if added together, but I've seen people add them sequentially.

IME, those basslets seem to hide most of the time, won't get along with other basslets, and may eat your shrimp.

In many cases, that's true. However, IME, chalk basslets are more prone to staying out in the open most of the time.

Lynnmw1208
07/24/2011, 05:43 PM
what about a flasher wrasse (Paracheilinus sp.) or a fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus sp.)? they are beautiful fish but are much more peaceful than the 6-line.

NYCBOB
07/24/2011, 06:28 PM
funny bc i currently have two 6 lines; one in each tank. very very good fish. before these two, i have kept another one and never had an issue.

JuliusJames
07/24/2011, 06:52 PM
A big huge NO to six lines. Mine killed $500 worth of fish (picassos, fairy wrasses). I had to literally remove evrything from my fully established 150g tank just to catch him (that was a long day I want to forget). He was fine when he was a juvenile but was a terror when he got older.

I gave him away with a "at your own risk" label. Lol

MIKE NY
07/24/2011, 07:23 PM
BTW 89Foxbody I like your screen name...I have one.