PDA

View Full Version : Apex Jr web server continuously dropping off

phyber
07/25/2011, 07:15 PM
recently set up my Apex Jr, and using a netgear wireless gaming adapter.

The webserver portion stops working at least once a week. I can ping the apex unit, and I can ping the netgear unit.

the apex unit itself continues to work in the fashion i programmed it, but just not the web portion.

anyone else having this issue?

aquamanic
07/25/2011, 07:53 PM
Make sure it works correctly and consistently via a hard-wired connection. If so, that will eliminate the controller, your router and all configurations and will leave just the wireless adapter as the problem.

phyber
07/25/2011, 08:02 PM
unfortunately, I am in a rural area where a MiFi 2200 is the only method of internet access, and is acting as my router :(

fyi, its a 3g portable access point for 5 devices, and no ports for any input. I'm just glad its able to do as much as it does. I know that it's a hinderance, but every time I unplug/plug the apex, it seems to solve all the problems

aquamanic
07/25/2011, 08:08 PM
Sounds like something is going stale or timing out inside the router. Cycling the power causes a new session to be established with the Apex.

Have you tried leaving the Status web page running? Does it still time out after some amount of time?

phyber
07/25/2011, 08:11 PM
i can ping the apex though, both by my static IP that i assigned it, and hostname 'apex'

I get great and quick responses inside of my command prompt. Just when I try to go to the unit via http://apex or IP address....nothing. Both in IE and Google Chrome.

Its not big deal, Im just seeing if it's a bug or a 'feature' with other Apex's. I plan on moving soon and will have access to high speed broadband and I plan on using my high end Cisco routers and etc in the house.

aquamanic
07/25/2011, 08:16 PM
No idea. Maybe a protocol issue with the controller's web server. I don't think it's a robust implementation. If you're network savvy you can try downloading and running Wireshark which is a packet analyzer and see if you can see anything happening there between when it runs correctly and when it hangs. There are people on here that can help you with analyzing that if you want to try.

phyber
07/25/2011, 08:19 PM
I also have noticed that my Jr gets...what I'd refer to as...a bit hot. Its in a cabinet by itself. Didnt know if the heat had anything to do with it either.

phyber
07/25/2011, 08:20 PM
ps, your guide has helped me a ton!! i appreciate it!!!!

aquamanic
07/25/2011, 08:31 PM
I also have noticed that my Jr gets...what I'd refer to as...a bit hot

That's normal. They run hot. I'll try to measure mine some day just to get a benchmark.

your guide has helped me a ton!!

I'm glad. That's why I wrote it.