PDA

View Full Version : calcium reactor questions if i may !!!!! ;)

yeloowtang
07/28/2011, 09:22 AM
hey all !!!

ok so after running my kalk reactor for a year,it's finaly come to the point
where it doesn't supply enough to keep my alk where i want it and i needed to dose..
soooo :)

i recently purchased a ca reactor to run with my alk reactor..
i've read every possible thread,info, i can find and i'm happy with the way it's running...
BUT i need imput from experienced reefers with some questions that i can't find answers for..

right now at
6am alk at 9.0
12pm at 8.6
9pm at 8.3

so it goes up at night and being consumed day time (normal right)
where i used to dose to keep it a 8 dkh i, like 9dkh

question#1

i get the bubble count thing and the affluent going into the tank.
but if my PH controler stops the bubble via silenoid to cut off at 6.5 ph and restarts at 6.7 ph to keep the ph where it needs to be inside the chamber for the media to disolve..
Is it realy important to have a lower bubble count of co2 when it's on??
the less bubbles the longer it takes for the 6.5 to be reached and the more the faster...

is it better to have the ph level go down slowly back to 6.5 or the speed at wich this is achieved is not important?
-
-
-
from reading about all this it seems that having the bubble count stable and matched with the affluent out to the tank is to balance the ph inside the reactor with a good alk content to have the tank parameters where we want them..(balance act with no controler)

doesn't keeping the reactor stable between 6.5-6.7 to get media to disolve
and controling the ammount of affluent regulated to the tanks need ok..?
(controler to keep it where it should)
or am i thinking to much like my kalk reactor where once it's saturated i decide the ammount i dose...

sorry for the long read trying to get as much info as possible in the post to help you understand what i trying to understand :spin2:

ohh !!! my ph isn't moving much and prety stable and i'm dripping the affluent
where the overflow comes in..

thanks for reading and any light you can shed..

steff

yeloowtang
07/28/2011, 03:13 PM
evening bump :wave:

steff