PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 7096 night mode

rogerrgr
07/28/2011, 09:26 AM
I have a 7096 controller and 2 x 6105's set on 1 minute interval 40-90 pulse. When they kick into night mode they each run at 1 minute intervals while the other is completely shut off. Is that what they are supposed to do on that mode? Or is there a way to program them not to shut off completely on night mode? Thanks!

Mindflux
07/28/2011, 09:31 AM
Roger is out right now for a couple days. I am not a Tunze employee but I'll try to help.

Can you tell me which ports you have your 6105's plugged into? I believe night mode only affects Ports #3 and #4. (it shuts them off if you have night mode enabled, I believe).

http://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/images/product_additional/7096.000%2302%23534.pdf product manual.

This may only apply to ports 3 and 4 if you have the wavecontroller option enabled.

rogerrgr
07/28/2011, 11:28 AM
Roger is out right now for a couple days. I am not a Tunze employee but I'll try to help.

Can you tell me which ports you have your 6105's plugged into? I believe night mode only affects Ports #3 and #4. (it shuts them off if you have night mode enabled, I believe).

http://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/images/product_additional/7096.000%2302%23534.pdf product manual.

This may only apply to ports 3 and 4 if you have the wavecontroller option enabled.

I have them on ports 1 and 3. I was under the assumption that 1 and 3 worked together, and 2 and 4 worked together on the interval mode. The wave controller option is not selected, only the interval mode and night mode. They run on 1 minute intervals on night mode, one off while the other is on low speed.

Mindflux
07/28/2011, 11:36 AM
Pg 73 of the manual suggests this:
(2) Simulation of tidal currents (“Interval”)
The pump channels 1 and 2 are switched on or off alternately. The water flows through the reef from both
sides at an adjustable switching time from 1 minute up to 12 hours.

I'd try putting the pump plugged into #3 into #2 and program port #2 accordingly and test night mode.

Sometimes the translations get muddled in the manuals. I hope this helps you, if not I'm sure Roger can clear up any misconceptions I have.

Mindflux
07/28/2011, 11:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qf3qnl.jpg

The alternating flow with the picture of Saturn (?) above it seems to be the "key" for Interval according to pages 72 and 73.

rogerrgr
07/28/2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks, I'll try it!!

rogerrgr
07/28/2011, 02:38 PM
Plugged into #1 and #2 didn't work on the interval mode, but did work on night mode.
Just realized that interval mode is supposed to be channel one on for set interval then turn off..
Then channel 2 on for the interval while channel 1 is off and so on.

My biggest reason I was having troubles with one being off for a period of time, night mode and interval mode, is that sometimes my one 6105 doesn't start back up on its own without me manually pushing on the prop.
I will try taking it back apart and recleaning it again I guess, then hopefully problem solved! It's hard to get all the calcium off inside the prop housing and vinegar solution doesn't work that well for me on the hard crusty stuff.. Definately going to do more frequent cleanings!

I'll post an update, thanks!! These pumps are amazing and worth every penny!!

Mindflux
07/28/2011, 02:45 PM
I'm surprised you aren't having luck with intervals in slots 1 and 2. And it appears my assertions about slots 3 and 4 being affected by night mode are correct. Though I thought primarily things got turned off completely only if it was in "wavebox" mode on slots 3&4 and anything on 1&2 should just run at decreased power.

rogerrgr
07/28/2011, 06:44 PM
Yes, when I hooked them up into 1 and 2 they did decrease and increase power, but both at the same time same power ramping levels and never shut completely off.. I have them at opposite sides of the tank and they are fighting each other in the middle of the tank causing a huge churning wave when on slots 1 and 2..
I wish I had a laptop and didn't have to keep unplugging it to change stuff!!

Mindflux
07/28/2011, 06:49 PM
Please double check that your program uploaded properly to the controller. Interval should run 1 and 3 at the same time and 2 and 4 at the same time.

I found this in another thread. I'm not sure if that means 1 and 3 are on the same interval or opposing intervals.

Mindflux
07/28/2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1979597&highlight=7096

This seems to confirm that 1&3 and 2&4 should be used in interval mode like you have been doing.

rogerrgr
07/28/2011, 07:58 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1979597&highlight=7096

This seems to confirm that 1&3 and 2&4 should be used in interval mode like you have been doing.

After reading that, it seems like it's working the way it is supposed to. For some reason I was thinking that one would still keep running slow while the other pulsed and switch back and forth at a set interval.
Thanks for all the help!

Mindflux
07/28/2011, 09:07 PM
Aren't you still having night mode issues with the one connected to port 3?

*Edit: AH! I get ya.

I did see in a thread Roger said the next program update will allow the 'off' pump to idle at a certain speed while it's not the actively pulsing pump. Hopefully that'll come along with the 3 new modes promised before long.

rogerrgr
07/29/2011, 06:25 AM
Aren't you still having night mode issues with the one connected to port 3?

*Edit: AH! I get ya.

I did see in a thread Roger said the next program update will allow the 'off' pump to idle at a certain speed while it's not the actively pulsing pump. Hopefully that'll come along with the 3 new modes promised before long.

Yup, that is what I was hoping it would do on that mode. Just saw that there is supposed to be an update this week, maybe! It would be nice to have the off pump at that time run at an idle speed instead of being off.. Either way, after adding my second 6105 on the other side of the tank, they are stirring up some stuff off the rocks and making my sps polyps sway nicely!

Mindflux
07/29/2011, 08:14 AM
http://www.tunze.com/software-download.html?&L=1&C=IS

Yep.. here's your program for the interval issue. It just got released today. Now you can run the 'off' pump at an idle speed.

rogerrgr
07/29/2011, 08:58 AM
I just found it, copied the link and came here to paste it, and you already found out about it! Downloading it after I get off work to try it out. Thanks!!

rvitko
08/01/2011, 11:28 AM
The update will solve this problem with the idle speed turned on. It was working normally. Thanks!