PDA

View Full Version : apex has been ordered, few ?

royvoss
07/28/2011, 10:18 AM
hello,

as the titles states, is there anyting i can do do ahead of time to get the apex up and running, i also have a new router on it way, old one died. i am using comcast as my internet provider, router is a asus rt-n16, the kicker is a friend of mine who provides me with all of my computer equipment dumped the orginal program and installed ww-drt program in it. it is suposed to work great, just an open source, he hates using non open souce software. wonder if anybody using comcast had any unforseen issues with e-mail alerts or with remote acess. any help or info would be greatfull.

thnaks roy

madbomber
07/28/2011, 10:57 AM
Just keep reading this forum :)

royvoss
07/28/2011, 11:35 AM
thanks,
be doing that for about a month now,lots of good info.

RussM
07/28/2011, 12:48 PM
Download a copy of the Unofficial Apex User Guide. See the sticky at the top of this subforum.

You can also download the official manuals for the Apex and any peripherals you ordered from www.neptunesys.com. Look in Support->Downloads.

Hextall
07/28/2011, 01:28 PM
installed ww-drt program in it.

I'm using a ddwrt router as a bridge router, and the interface is pretty easy to navigate. I'm not sure if different routers have different ddwrt interfaces, but mine looked very similar to the stock linksys interface.

I'd start bookmarking pages from the ddwrt on how to set up port forwarding. sometimes there's special things you'll need to do based on the router. If you get your router before your apex, you could set it all up and test it.

royvoss
07/28/2011, 02:18 PM
thanks for the replys, i have a copy of the unofficial users guide, have been reading through it for thr past few weeks.
the few screen shots i have seen of the ww-drt software look pretty close linsys . find when i get in my hands tomorrow.