PDA

View Full Version : Trace and vitamins

Rouselb
07/29/2011, 04:37 PM
I have a large system ( over 500 ). I want to keep the water change volume down. It's a mixed reef with 25-30 fish. What brands of trace and vitamins are beneficial? I have dosed zeovit aa in the past.

I want to keep the fish healthy and know I will need some additives. Just looking for recommendation on brands and types.

Thanks

bertoni
07/29/2011, 08:45 PM
For fish, a varied diet is important. I'd rotate between some of the higher-quality foods, and probably add in some frozen mysid and Cyclop-Eeze, depending on the size of the fish. For some fish, some SelCon might be useful, especially for breeding.

I don't know of any non-food additives that are useful for fish. It's not clear that fish require added vitamins, which are defined as human nutrients.

Aquarist007
07/29/2011, 11:02 PM
For fish, a varied diet is important. I'd rotate between some of the higher-quality foods, and probably add in some frozen mysid and Cyclop-Eeze, depending on the size of the fish. For some fish, some SelCon might be useful, especially for breeding.

I don't know of any non-food additives that are useful for fish. It's not clear that fish require added vitamins, which are defined as human nutrients.

Probably the most important nutrient ypu can give your fish is Omega3 or aka fish oil. By some omega three fish oil capsules from the drug store. Break open one capsule over some flake food for about 15 min and then add the flake food to the tank.

doctorgori
07/30/2011, 01:31 AM
I have a large system ( over 500 ). I want to keep the water change volume down. It's a mixed reef with 25-30 fish. What brands of trace and vitamins are beneficial? I have dosed zeovit aa in the past.

I want to keep the fish healthy and know I will need some additives. Just looking for recommendation on brands and types.

Thanks

... keep the water change down? a few threads here on RC mention this product (another miracle cure/snake oil?)...personally I'm a skeptic, but was thinking since you are going to cut back on H2O changes anyway...

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/dc/be/97c2fe7a12491a6e9882257076d9.jpg

...might be an opportunity for a bonafide product review :idea: :D