PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin tusk from petco.com?

dviper150
07/29/2011, 10:02 PM
Has anyone ever ordered the harlequin tusk from petco.com? I wanted to get one but I am not 100% sure if its the indian ocean or Australian that they send.

AlexS95
07/29/2011, 10:04 PM
I didn't know they sold fish on their website... But it would probably be IO, cause they would mark it if it was Aus.

dviper150
07/29/2011, 10:05 PM
Yes but the picture they provided is of the Australian.

albano
07/29/2011, 10:07 PM
Has anyone ever ordered the harlequin tusk from petco.com? I wanted to get one but I am not 100% sure if its the indian ocean or Australian that they send.
Aussey HT are on sale this week at LiveAquaria, and they also have Indo in stock!

anbosu
07/30/2011, 11:00 AM
The one my buddy got from them was an Indo - it did well for a year or so then died for no apparent reason.

albano
07/30/2011, 11:19 AM
The one my buddy got from them was an Indo - it did well for a year or so then died for no apparent reason.
IMO...that's on him...certainly can't blame ANY seller for that!

Gagstr
07/30/2011, 12:16 PM
Petco gets all their fish from qualitymarine.com they also sell it over priced, the two they received were indo, I has asked them to order for me, but I bought mine cheaper from the lfs, petco want to sell It to me for 80 I got mine for 60..

Gill_bucket
07/30/2011, 12:21 PM
Petco gets all their fish from qualitymarine.com they also sell it over priced, the two they received were indo, I has asked them to order for me, but I bought mine cheaper from the lfs, petco want to sell It to me for 80 I got mine for 60..

They get captive bred fish from ORA

Gill_bucket
07/30/2011, 12:22 PM
Don't do it OP petco is the devil.

dviper150
07/30/2011, 01:39 PM
I was looking to get an australian HT so that is why i was asking because sometimes they mix fish up.

Gill bucket: petco.com is different from petco stores. The fish I have ordered from petco.com always came in healthy and fat.

MrTuskfish
07/30/2011, 04:36 PM
the pic on their site is an Australian; but the price defiantly says Indian Ocean. there is no way anyone is going to sell Aussie tusks for that price, its typical of the price for I.O. tusks, though.

MrTuskfish
07/31/2011, 10:55 AM
the pic on their site is an Australian; but the price defiantly says Indian Ocean. there is no way anyone is going to sell Aussie tusks for that price, its typical of the price for I.O. tusks, though.

I love the gravel Petco suggests to get with your Indian Ocean Tusk (With the Aussie photo) : http://www.petco.com/product/107743/Harlequin-Tuskfish.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

AlexS95
07/31/2011, 12:41 PM
I'm sure they would pull the Your live fish may not match the image shown due to natural variations in each species. Each companion animal is different in shape, color, and personality.

FordFiveHundred
08/01/2011, 10:09 AM
I like the way Petco calls the female BlackSpot angel a Japanese Swallow Tail. She is definitely a blackspot.http://fish

albano
08/01/2011, 11:10 AM
I like the way Petco calls the female BlackSpot angel a Japanese Swallow Tail. She is definitely a blackspot.
Most places use those names interchangeably, as well as Zebra and Lyretail...
IMO even if the picture was labeled correctly, there is no guarantee that, that is what you will receive.
I see mislabeled fish at LFSs all the time, and their answer is "thats what they were sold to us, as!" (by the wholesaler/distributor)

dviper150
08/01/2011, 12:20 PM
Most places use those names interchangeably, as well as Zebra and Lyretail...
IMO even if the picture was labeled correctly, there is no guarantee that, that is what you will receive.
I see mislabeled fish at LFSs all the time, and their answer is "thats what they were sold to us, as!" (by the wholesaler/distributor)

Yes, I agree but you would think after selling so many fish, they would know by now what fish is what and at least label them correctly.

MrTuskfish
08/01/2011, 01:31 PM
Yes, I agree but you would think after selling so many fish, they would know by now what fish is what and at least label them correctly.
Another reason why I buy all fish online; from dealers who honor their "no fine print" guarantees.

fish stalker
08/02/2011, 08:38 AM
That's why I stick to a very few lfs I have gotten to know well as being reliable otherwise mostly with only one or two online vendors that have great reputations