PDA

View Full Version : Bricked it again

bvoss
07/30/2011, 04:27 PM
I know this isn't a technical support forum, but the line is closed and I am pretty screwed.

I added a new PM1 and EB4 to my system for my new frag system. Everything was great until I calibrated my new pH probe and couldn't get it to view on the display. The system started rebooting. I loaded the factory re-set firware I had handy, then loaded the last several versions of firmware. Each time when I tried to load the web pages I would get this error.

===============================

Operation failed with the following error information:

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

==============================

Any help would be appreciated. My system is going cold and dark

aquamanic
07/30/2011, 05:56 PM
Are you trying to apply these firmware updates over wireless?

bvoss
07/30/2011, 07:14 PM
No I am hard-wired. I will take my router down and see if that helps. I have unplugged it for a while now, but I an sure the battery is holding onto the memory.

bvoss
07/30/2011, 07:26 PM
I reset everything and still got the same comm error. I guess I am going to try and find a thermometer to get me through the night. It is amazing how dependent you can be when you run LEDs and Vortechs. At least my return pump and skimmer still works.

bvoss
07/30/2011, 08:26 PM
Got it running but we will need to dump the logs. Very nasty failure. I disconnected all the new equipment and was able to reload the web pages. Apparently the new H/W was causing a comm problem.

I am now running 3 EB8s, a PM1, PM2, VDM, and WXM. I was trying to add an EB4 and another PM1 well all hell broke loose.

bvoss
08/03/2011, 05:07 AM
Got it running with the help of Curt. Always great to experience the legendary customer service of Neptune.

The firmware in the new PM1 became corrupted. Reloading that code fixed it. New troubleshooting/recovery procedure I will always remember.