PDA

View Full Version : Moved Tank. Female clownfish not looking well

Fishtails
07/31/2011, 06:27 PM
Moved today. Long story-short. After having the tank set back up for the last 5 hours it looks like my female clown may not make it. Fish were perfectly fine this morning, however upon putting them in the new tank it looks like I've lost my cherub and the female is lethargic, breathing heavy and swimming erratically. is there anything I can possibly try to possibly help the fish? I haven't tested water but the fish were out of the tank around 2 hours if even that long. I hope she pulls through as I've had her paired with my current male for the past 9 or so months.

Any help is appreciated.

LAKEM0NSTER
08/01/2011, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear about the fish!! Definetly check your parameters. When i moved my tank the sand got kind of mixed up & released all sorts of shyt.

It could be lots of things, check for ammonia, nitrates & phosphate. A good waterchange is probably in order. How big is your tank??

Fishtails
08/01/2011, 01:51 PM
Tank is a 24 gallon. The female didn't make it through the night. Also lost my Cherub angel. I'm bummed and so is the male clown. :(

Fishtails
08/01/2011, 01:52 PM
Did a small WC as well. Parameters are are fine according to test kits. I'm thinking it could havebe the temperature. Yesterday it was around 100F.

m758b033
08/01/2011, 02:06 PM
Temp would probably do it. I lost all my fish when my old tank over heated.

LAKEM0NSTER
08/01/2011, 03:00 PM
Yea near 100 degrees is Hot!! I had a near over heat once when the power was out, I went & bought cold drinks to float & keep temps down.

Shyt happens, you got to go with the flow!!