PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dot & Wrasses?

venomcc
08/01/2011, 07:48 PM
I currently have a 150gal 48x36x20 with about 120lbs of live rock housing a Midas Blenny, 8 longspine cardinal fish, 2 percula clownfish and one Blue dot Jawfish.

I'm interested in the possibility of introducing both a Mystery wrasse and a Green Wrasse. I have not kept either of them before.

In the future I would also like to introduce a few tangs (yellow & PBT) as well, maybe try my hand at a CBB but that is further down the line.

Can anyone chime in?

MikeandNicole
08/02/2011, 09:01 AM
You have to be careful about feeding, the wrasse and the tangs may outcompete the BSJ for food which is not a good thing. Our mystery wrasse left our BSJ alone (we just seperated them in an upgrade) but ours was also very non agressive which is not the norm. I would be very cautious, if you have a healthy BSJ that is eating you are extremely lucky.

venomcc
08/02/2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, my BSJ is eating like a pig, probably the biggest eater in the tank so far, it is still wandering the tank and digging new hideouts though, has not yet made a permanent residence.

I've heard mixed stories regarding the mystery wrasse. Some people call it a terror while others describe it as docile. Is it the norm for the mystery wrasse to be an aggressive fish?

MikeandNicole
08/02/2011, 07:54 PM
Most threads on here that discuss mystery wrasses people say they are a terror of a fish, but every fish is different. We have had ours for 14 months and it has doubled in size but has shown no aggression, we are lucky though