PDA

View Full Version : WWC Alien Eye Chalice Colony Receding, Advice please

jessicaparker
08/03/2011, 07:07 PM
This is World Wide Corals Alien Eye chalice. It has been in this spot for about 2 months and was doing fine. all of a sudden this started happening. probably about 2 weeks and it has gotten this bad. Im not sure what to do as whenever I move one of my chalices that is starting to recede it just seems to get worse. The placement seems good for a chalice. i have 4 ATI t5s. Any suggestions on what i could do?

ndh78
08/04/2011, 01:01 PM
Don't know about the mag causing problems like that but I will share a funny story. Was at the lfs the other day and he mentioned he accidentally overdosed mag in his chalice tank and they took off growing....hmm I rarely check mag in my tank and it is usually in range but I thought what the heck and starting throwing in a little extra and low and behold my watermelon starting growing for the first time since I put it in (months ago lol mybe a year!) other chalices perked up also.

impur
08/05/2011, 11:32 AM
I agree too much flow. Thats what happens to my chalices that get too much flow, or when the sand starts irritating them. I like to dip them in interceptor for 8 hrs when i see some recession. That usually stops it cold, though i have no idea why.

curlykid
08/05/2011, 11:47 AM
def. not too much flow, i have both of my high end chalices in really high flow and they grow like mad.

organism
08/05/2011, 12:50 PM
How's your alkalinity? Mine did something similar a few months back and turns out my alk was arounds 6ish.