PDA

View Full Version : Fish eye - Swollen and a little cloudy

kdrof
08/05/2011, 02:14 PM
Hey there, My achilles' eye has inflamed a bit and it is a little cloudy in one spot.. not the whole thing which leads me to believe this could be an injury..

I found this on the web.. "A bulging eye may be seen as a result of injury. If both eyes are affected, then trauma is unlikely to be the cause."

His other eye is perfectly fine. he is the most active of all 12 fish in the tank and i dont see others picking at him because he is king of the tank. I dont believe it is popeye because it is on his one eye

I was going to try Epsom salt or Mela-fix.. Does this sound like it will work... I figured that mela-fix would stop/prevent and bacterial infection or get rid of it if any.. and i figured epsom would remove the swelling.. He is alert out of the right eye because i seen him see food to his direct right and go right for it. Like i said its not the whole eye. just middle to upper in like a circlish area. I can only really see the cloudiness when the light hits it at a certain angle..

If the treatment i have planned is not sufficient.. does anyone recommend something else? I would love the help. Thanks a lot

hamiltonguy
08/05/2011, 02:23 PM
It sounds like pop eye, if that's the case and it's just a physical injury, then epsom salts should do the trick. My Coral Beauty had pop eye, I treated with empsom salts and it went away within a couple days. Just to be safe, I did half the dosage one day and the other half the next day.

The full dosage is 1tbsp for every 5 gallons.

Good luck!