PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Watchman Goby and Diamond Watchman Goby?

Virtuoso
08/05/2011, 04:40 PM
I know that Yellow Watchman Gobies can be very violent towards their own kind, but I am wondering if anyone has ever kept a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Diamond Watchman Goby in the same tank without any issues? I am not sure if those two would fight, or if it is only two non-paired Yellow Watchman Gobies that would fight. I tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer. Would be in a 90g tank. Thanks in advance!

LiveBait58
08/05/2011, 07:35 PM
Im interested in knowing the answer to this as well. I have a 125g tank with a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp and was just wondering tonight if it would be possible to add a Diamond Goby and another pistol shrimp.

Virtuoso
08/06/2011, 08:44 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one curious about this. Bump for the morning crew.

jer77
08/06/2011, 10:20 AM
A 4' tank may be pushing it. The diamond gets big and needs room. Maybe if you added them with a divider in your tank so they burrow on opposite sides. Put the pistol shrimp in first and add the watchman to that side. This is just an idea, I haven't tried this. There is nothing stopping them from migrating and crossing paths. They def wouldn't get along together if they did. A pistol shrimp may move its burrow to another spot too.

P.S. Like the Fallout dude!