PDA

View Full Version : Controller keeps rebooting

Dseg
08/06/2011, 02:49 PM
I have the email alert for when the apex controller turns off. I get this a lot and more than half of the time I can not connect through the iphone app. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. But after I get the alert that my apex was reset (false power failure) it works for alittle after that.

Why does my apex keep resetting and sending me alerts? I have my apex hooked up to an ethernet cable and I also sometimes can not connect from my computer...

phuzzykins
08/06/2011, 02:52 PM
It would be best to call or email Neptune's official tech support... we can make guesses, but Neptune can actually look at the logs and tell you. :)

swearint
08/06/2011, 03:22 PM
Why does my apex keep resetting and sending me alerts? I have my apex hooked up to an ethernet cable and I also sometimes can not connect from my computer...
What firmware version are you running? There was an issue in an older version where bogus commands from internet bots would cause a reboot. Check to see that AquaServer is disabled (sorry I don't remember the menu sequence), I seem to recall that causing issues as well.

Todd

Dseg
08/06/2011, 03:47 PM
I am using version 4.10. It constantly disconnects and connects (rarely)

I also can not connect directly through the IP address, I have to use my dyndns.org address... So when I click "Open in Broswer" on the Apex application on the computer, it gives me a page loading problem. But sometimes I can get on the dyndns.org address.

RussM
08/07/2011, 07:51 AM
Check to see that AquaServer is disabled (sorry I don't remember the menu sequence), I seem to recall that causing issues as well.

Toddin the display menu, in the Net Setup section. It's not available in the web interface.