PDA

View Full Version : Do some fish just not like garlic?

RiffRaff
08/09/2011, 03:55 PM
I had a foxface that had ich a while back, so I QTd him and started adding garlic to the seaweed and the frozen foods I would give him. Never ate it. Just attributed it to the ich. That was like four months ago. Got him medicated and he started eating caulerpra. No biggie, didn't think much of it. Got hom better so quit trying to dose garlic on his food. Since then he's gone back to the display tank and is back at 100%. I feed him roughly a 1-1/2"x4" piece of nori twice a day. Went to my LFS last week to buy more seaweed to feed this aqua pig but they didn't have my normal kind. I bought the last one they had. Didn't pay attention until I opened it and smelt the garlic in it. I figured it was no big deal since garlic is good for them. But he won't eat it. And since has actually started eating the pellet foods I feed to my other fish. Is it possible that he just doesn't like garlic?

rosemoondust
08/09/2011, 07:13 PM
I use garlic guard and all my fishies just love the stuff...however my eel on the other hand will eat soaked food one day and refuse it the next to the point where he will literally spit the shrimp out of his mouth (and yes he is a 'little' spoiled)...some fish are just very picky...you can try adding selcon to the food to try and add vitamins and if your fish still refuses try adding Fuel made by Aquavitro to the water to add the needed vitamins for fishies and corals...