PDA

View Full Version : Sms help

doggydoc
08/12/2011, 01:01 PM
Just got my new SMS unit from Gareth at Progressive Reef. I was able to connect it to the software and to the P3 without a problem. I am using an AT&T SIM card to send sms. My problem is that when I try to send a TEST SMS, NOTHING GOES THRU!!!!!
I have spent almost 2 hours with customer reps at AT&T:mad: but they keep telling me the SIM card is active but that they cant do anything else because "its not an AT&T device"
Any ideas?

doggydoc
08/12/2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks to Gareth and Michael PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
Now can you guys give me any pointers on additional sms examples, aside from the usual power off, and alarms? I want to set up one that will send an sms when power comes back up.
Thanks for any input.

doggydoc
08/14/2011, 07:16 PM
Well, spoke too soon. Yes the SMS is working, but since the AI's are connected via the same RS232; I had to connect the AI's to the SMS and the SMS to the P3. Now the problem is that the P3 is NOT communicating with the AI's.
Any ideas/suggestions would be VERY welcome.

---
- Always at sea;
Dr. Antonio Longo

Crypsis
08/22/2011, 09:51 PM
Just wondering, do you have to add a whole new line to your AT&T plan to use this SMS module?

AQD_ottawa
08/23/2011, 06:21 AM
no you get a pay as you go sim card

doggydoc
08/23/2011, 08:29 AM
Or just add on a $9.99 family plan to it. Thats what I did. Only problem with AT&T pay as you go is that if you dont use it on a monthly basis, balance zeroesout at the end of the 30 day. At least that what AT&T told me, so i JUST GOT A 9.99 PLAN. It gives me unlimited sms use for that price.