PDA

View Full Version : light for 90g lps tank

Cubbies
08/12/2011, 06:16 PM
I am setting up a 90 gallon that will be lps dominated with a few softies and possibly a few montis but no other sps. I had bought a 8bulb fixture from current usa but I think its going to be WAY too much for my lps. So now I am not too sure what fixture to get. I thought maybe a TEK 4 bulb but not sure if it will be enough. Any recommendations on fixtures that will work on my tank.

Cubbies
08/13/2011, 07:15 AM
anyone?

salty child 79
08/13/2011, 07:40 AM
Both the currentUSA fixture or the four bulb tek will work for you. If the corals are getting too much light then just cut back the time that the white bulbs are on, it even gives you more time for actinic viewing. If that still isn't enough you can throw some low-par bulbs in the mix to "un-brighten" the tank.

Cubbies
08/13/2011, 12:07 PM
Both the currentUSA fixture or the four bulb tek will work for you. If the corals are getting too much light then just cut back the time that the white bulbs are on, it even gives you more time for actinic viewing. If that still isn't enough you can throw some low-par bulbs in the mix to "un-brighten" the tank.

ok thanks, i liked the look of the Tek but I might be just fine with the current USA fixture since I already have it and can play with the bulb configuration a lil more

Cubbies
08/13/2011, 04:57 PM
quick question would the TEK 4 bulb be ok if I decide to try my hand at other sps down the road? I will be using ATI bulbs

ReefTankHunter
08/13/2011, 08:21 PM
I have a 90, run ATI sunpower 4bulb fixture with ati bulbs. Its a sps tank rr. It works, but thats all. I think its a little on the weak side. 6 bulb for me would be better.