PDA

View Full Version : Melting Mushrooms!

ssavader
08/12/2011, 08:37 PM
I just went through a 4 week period where I lost a bunch of different species of mushrooms- they simply melted and shriveled away. Some of my rocks that were covered are now bone bare. My parameters were just fine- no major changes, no new lights, no big water changes (my routine 15% every other week). The only possible thing I can think of that has changes is that I started using Zeovit's Marine Snow as a water clarifying agent at the prescribed dose (1ml/25 gallons/day). Has anyone had a similar experience with or without the use of Marine Snow?

saw wave analog
08/13/2011, 06:25 PM
I let a bit too much water evaporate (lazy summertime) raising the salinity and lost a bunch, worth checking sg if ya havent

Peeyow
09/03/2011, 10:11 PM
Mushroom like water with lots of nutrients in it. funny thing to say, but your water may be too clean. I have had the same issue in the pass.

organism
09/04/2011, 11:24 AM
I let a bit too much water evaporate (lazy summertime) raising the salinity and lost a bunch, worth checking sg if ya havent

+1, how are you measuring your salinity and when was the last time you calibrated it? I doubt it's that your water is too clean, but I'd stop using any additives until you can narrow down the cause.