PDA

View Full Version : BC 29 owners question for you

azhockeynut
08/14/2011, 11:08 AM
I have one of the original ones. looking to add a fuge light to teh back, thinking LED, anyone have any suggestions, I'm not mechanically inclined and it has to look good from teh outside, the wife won't hear of something sitting on top etc. I'd like to light up the fuge in the back with something to keep some chaeto etc back there...
Thanks in advance.

insipid
08/14/2011, 11:42 AM
There are these two two solutions. I currently use the 10w underwater one in my biocube 14 fuge. Looking to move to the LED now to reduce heat.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/JBJ-Nano-Glo-Led-Fuge-Light-JB10094.htm
or http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Underwater-10W-Single-Light-WTL10.htm

tunfeer
08/14/2011, 01:09 PM
I use the LED light from mediabaskets in my 29G biocube, shinning through the back window. It produces enough light to make my cheato, grow crazy, and no heat is transferred.

dubaygv
08/14/2011, 01:57 PM
I use an inTank media basket with chemipure elite, purigen and filter floss in the top. I also run an aquatic life 115 skimmer in chamber one and I have had great water quality. I use the jbj led light on the back for the chaeto in the fuge. It woks well and is easy to install.

foozdog
08/14/2011, 05:55 PM
Coralife has one that was designed to be used on the biocube I have no personal experience with it. Not sure if there would be any heat transfer it is a t5. Will be on my tank in a week I'll keep you posted

azhockeynut
08/14/2011, 09:36 PM
i used the underwater halogen before but the heat was not good, I'm in az and we can't afford the extra heat needless to say. might have to look at the led thanks guys.

insipid
08/15/2011, 01:27 PM
i used the underwater halogen before but the heat was not good, I'm in az and we can't afford the extra heat needless to say. might have to look at the led thanks guys.

Thats exactly what i am looking to do. That halogen is like a 10 watt heater on all the time.