PDA

View Full Version : Dryer sheet in my RO top off water!

MJB1224
08/16/2011, 07:00 PM
Well I just went down to do a water change and I pulled the pump out of my top off drum and I noticed a &;$@-?! dryer sheet floating on the top. I filled up my 44 gallon brute can because I'm going away for a week and I'm leaving on Friday and I see this. I don't know if this is sabotage from my wife and if it was there will be a beheading in this house. I keep the lid on all the time so I have no idea how it got in there. My kids don't go down there so it wasn't them and I just looked in there last night and didn't notice it. I'm now emptying it out and gonna have to refill it.

I'm sure it's not the greatest thing to have in there but I wonder how bad it is? Nothing is dead in my tank or looking bad but what the he'll are the chances?

Kyryah
08/16/2011, 07:20 PM
I would say a pwc and some carbon is in order. Never had that happen, but I would be in disaster aversion mode if I found something like this.

fishysteve
08/17/2011, 08:03 AM
Can you tell if it was used or not? They can be pretty toxic to dogs and cats before they are used in the dryer.

iyachtuxivm
08/17/2011, 08:14 AM
yea I would run some carbon too.
Please tell me you dont think she would actually sabotage your tank......:worried:

MJB1224
08/17/2011, 09:35 AM
I think it must have been used but still no idea how it got in there. I know she wouldn't have done it on purpose but she could've knocked the lid off and it fell in. I changed my carbon out last night and there didn't seem to be anything harmed. The water didn't have a perfume smell so it must have been old.