PDA

View Full Version : Powerhead Problem

Nwest
08/18/2011, 09:32 PM
I have a mp40 I have plugged into my eb8. I have it set to turn on at a certain time and off at a certain time. When I put it on auto it does not turn on. I have to put it on manual on for it to come on...Is this just something to do with the mp40 or am I doing it wrong?this is what it looks like.

Outlet name-Mp40left

Control type-Pump
Pump Setup
Fallback (On/Off)-On
Initial off time (MMM:SS):000:00
On time (MMM:SS):012:00
Off time (MMM:SS):023:59
Feed timer (A-D):A
Feed timer delay (MMM):000

RussM
08/18/2011, 09:57 PM
Actually, you have it set to oscillate on and off. When using the Pump wizard, the on time and off time are not the times of day the device will be turned on and off; they are the length of time that the device will be turned on and off (oscillating) in a repeating cycle.

If you want the pump to come on at noon and go off just before midnight as it seems, then do this:

Change the outlet control type to Advanced. Select and delete everything in the program box. Then copy and paste this into the box:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 12:00 to 23:59 Then ON

BTW, the outlet wizards are OK to get started, but you will only be able to really capitalize on many of the advanced capabilities and features of the Apex if you start using the Advanced control type and learn to use the programming statements.

Nwest
08/18/2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you very much! I am learning more and more the longer I am messing with it. I have had it for about 6 months now, but just now hooked it up to the internet and started programming each thing.. I know there is a code for your skimmer so if the power goes out that it doesnt turn back on right away. where would I find that?

RussM
08/18/2011, 10:31 PM
There are a couple of different ways to do that, but the simplest is to add this to your skimmer outlet programming (as the last statement):

If Power Apex Off 003 Then ON

This will delay the start-up of the skimmer for 3 minutes after a power outage or Apex reboot. Adjust the timing to your system's needs.

Have you seen the Apex New User Guide? If not, see the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

swearint
08/19/2011, 07:42 AM
There are a couple of different ways to do that, but the simplest is to add this to your skimmer outlet programming (as the last statement):

If Power Apex Off 003 Then ON

This will delay the start-up of the skimmer for 3 minutes after a power outage or Apex reboot. Adjust the timing to your system's needs.

Have you seen the Apex New User Guide? If not, see the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.
Actually Russ, that should be ...Then OFF.

Todd

RussM
08/19/2011, 09:46 AM
Argh.. yep. Thanks Todd.

Nwest
08/19/2011, 11:53 AM
thank you guys, I am finally using this thing to its potential.....