PDA

View Full Version : Older 6055 needs new power supply

canesfan44
08/20/2011, 05:08 PM
Hey Roger,

I have two 6055's that need new power supplies. I spent 3 months in Peru and a buddy was watching my tank. Apparently, he caused some sort of flood (he told me that it was his fault and felt awful, so I didn't want to yell at him or get mad at him. He was trying to do me a big favor, and in the end, I was the one out of town, so I can't really blame him.) and it took out both of the power supplies, I'm pretty sure my 7095 multi-controller is still good, because that was mounted on the inside wall of the stand.

Basically, I'm going to buy one power supply and test out both pumps with it. I've never really notic?ed any vibration problems with my pumps, but I was wondering if I should buy the newer clamps (the ones that have the blue rubber bumper things) for my pumps. Like I said, I never really noticed any vibration from the original clamps, but the new tank I will be putting these on (I took down the tank they were on when I got back from Peru) will be right next to the couch in my family room and I would like it to be as quiet as possible. They're only $11.30, so do you think should I add these to the order?

rvitko
08/22/2011, 09:56 AM
I just shipped my last power supply today, I expect more in 2 weeks. A comparable power supply is available at many electronics/computer stores as a Netbook/Accessory power supply. It just needs to be 30A, with switchable voltage and a 2.5 * 5.5 mm tip. Avoid units with ventillation slots or fans as the life will be much shorter near an aquarium.

The silence clamps don't make much difference unless the pumps are mounted on very thin glass (less than 1/4").

canesfan44
08/22/2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks Roger,
I will just wait until you get them in. I'm setting up a little cube tank, so there won't be any corals in it for more than 2 weeks. I still have to setup the tank, plumb it, etc. Thanks.

canesfan44
09/21/2011, 10:55 PM
Hey Roger,
Have you received more of the 6055 power supllies yet?

rvitko
09/22/2011, 08:24 AM
Yes, I have them in stock now.

canesfan44
09/22/2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks, I'm going to order one, and if it works on both, I'll buy the other. Hopefully this is all that is wrong and I can get those two great pumps running again.

Oh yeah, will the magnets on the 6055's work on .5" glass?

rvitko
09/22/2011, 01:42 PM
Up to 3/4" should be no problem.

canesfan44
09/27/2011, 11:42 PM
Up to 3/4" should be no problem.

Thanks Roger, I just ordered 2 of the 6055 power supplies and some extra pads for the 6055's magnet holders.

Do you have any pictures, or a link to some pictures, of what the nanostream rock looks like when in use? I'm thinking about ordering one and would like to see what it looks like, where the power cable goes and how it looks, how big it is compared to the 6055 itself, etc.

Thank you for all the help.
-Blair

rvitko
09/28/2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.tunze.com/details.html?&L=1&C=US&user_tunzeprod_pi1%5Bprodid%5D=6025.250

It is roughly 5" in length width and height and the pump can sit inside and the rock serves as the holder, or the nano stream rock can be placed over the output of the magnetically mounted 6055 pump It is very open in the back and sides so the cord can be positioned most anywhere. The main point to keep in mind is the rock should be accessible for maintaining the pump and the rock should not sit in the sand or have other rocks piled on it. It should be a top rock so the pump avoids sucking in sand and detritus.