PDA

View Full Version : Lighting for 72 bowfront

physioman71
08/21/2011, 07:07 PM
I am looking to upgrade my lighting and am thinking LEDs for a 72 in bowfront reef tank. Ideas ? I am thinking the LEDs due to having a hard time keeping my temperatures under control.

scarface70706
08/21/2011, 08:01 PM
AI LEDs. all i can say is wow with these! i went to a fish store about an hr away from me and they had these set up on a huge tank. these LEDs are very impressive! they are dim able so they you can simulate sunrise and sunset along with thunder storms and rolling clouds. youtube some AI LED set ups and some guys show off the thunder storms. yea these things have alot of bells and whistles but i figured hey almost all nice LEDs are expensive... might as well get these. you can go DIY but for me im a plug and play kinda guy. if you go LEDs make sure you get dim able LEDs therefore if you change your mind for example you want stronger lights for higher demanding corals and if later you want lower demanding corals you can lower the lighting by dimming them. sunrise and sunset is kind of the icing on the cake.

kcinnick
08/21/2011, 08:08 PM
Are you OK with going a DIY route?

You can get great lighting from Cree LED's are pretty good lighting from Bridgelux LED's.