PDA

View Full Version : Lurking

Grouperhead
08/22/2011, 08:48 PM
Been forever since I've posted here and I don't really recognize any of the names, but whatever. If you remember me you know I have a deep love for undulated triggers. Had this one for over 5 years now. Pretty crappy pic but thats what you get when all you have is a smart phone.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2050/20110822213627549.jpg

fender4string
08/22/2011, 09:03 PM
I remember your undy! It's been awhile since I've posted on here as well but I'm experiencing a boost in enthusiasm. He's looking really nice. I've always liked those fish as well.

barbianj
08/22/2011, 09:07 PM
I miss your Undy updates. Not too many people keep them long term as you do.

Grouperhead
08/22/2011, 09:17 PM
I miss your Undy updates. Not too many people keep them long term as you do.

They certainly aren't for everyone.

Glad to see a few people around here I still recognize.

Are Jerry W, danorth, or myerst2 (among others) still around?

Jerry W
08/22/2011, 10:15 PM
They certainly aren't for everyone.

Glad to see a few people around here I still recognize.

Are Jerry W, danorth, or myerst2 (among others) still around?

Still here man! Good to see you again! Sold off my 120 this summer and downsized to a 37 column. Hope you are well!:)

jarrod13
08/23/2011, 07:32 AM
How big is his tank? How big is he? How much has he grown in the years you've had him?
Sorry for all the questions, I've always been intrigued by these fish and want to try one some day

RouDaiLLe
08/23/2011, 09:39 AM
This fish is so agressive :'( I would not recommend this one:'(

jarrod13
08/23/2011, 09:50 AM
What? For a community tank... Neither would I. For a species tank on the other hand, great fish ;-)

Recty
08/23/2011, 11:04 AM
Very cool. It doesnt look to have grown much in those 5 years, surprisingly slow.

I do remember your user name, and it's definitely been a while since you posted, good to see you back.

Grouperhead
08/23/2011, 11:56 AM
Still here man! Good to see you again! Sold off my 120 this summer and downsized to a 37 column. Hope you are well!:)

Good to see you're still around man. Things are going well...just trying to survive in the real world like everyone else.

How big is his tank? How big is he? How much has he grown in the years you've had him?
Sorry for all the questions, I've always been intrigued by these fish and want to try one some day

He is in a 55g. He really only uses about 20g of tankspace on a regular basis though. He's around 4.5" now and when I got him he was about 2.75" or so. In my experience they are remarkably slow growers. Easily the slowest of any fish (fresh or salt) I have experience with.

I have a point and shoot that I'll charge up tonight and get some better pictures that show his true colors.

I really can't recommend these guys enough for someone who wants a species only tank. They can be happily kept in tanks smaller than those required for other triggers and if you can wait out their often prolonged periods of shyness after introduction you'll be rewarded with a beautiful fish that has an incredible personality.

Dragon moray ki
08/23/2011, 02:55 PM
Dude I demented you way back nise undy mice fish favorite trigger this is my account the other one was my friends that I use don't have a undo only a Niger cause of my reef nice to see youosing again cheers

fender4string
08/23/2011, 07:06 PM
Recty, good to see you're still around man. It's been awhile since I've been on the forums so I've been looking for familiar names. What's your tank situation as they last I remember you had torn down your 200 something?

Also, cute kid!

Recty
08/24/2011, 06:22 PM
I've got a 40g tank now, crammed way too full of fish. It's going good though :)

Thanks, I agree, the kid is very cute. TOO CUTE, I'm worried when she hits the teenage years.

kirkaz
08/24/2011, 09:20 PM
Welcome back....Nice to see your Undy again.