PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Crocea

APBonds
08/23/2011, 07:37 PM
I bought my first clam a 3 inch crocea. I placed it on the sand with over flat rock barried under the sand in a moderate flow area. I was wanting to know the tell tail signs of it wanting to be moved, either more or less flow or more light. I know it will move if unhappy but I would like to have a clue as to what it wants. I've read if not enough light it will have excesive mantel protrusion but what is excesive? So far it looks the same as the lfs under 2 250w MH.

salt 1.024
po4 0
na3 0
dKH 11
ca 450
Lights 60 (24 rb 24 cw 12 red) 3w cree leds no lenses over a 125g 72L x 18W x 22D

moliken
08/23/2011, 09:03 PM
it will move if it wants to. maybe tilt over. they don't like moderate flow. what else is in the tank, live wise. any phosphate? mag reading? why red crees? a pic would tell excessive better than words. but excessive can easily be stretching for light, rather than spreading out.

APBonds
08/24/2011, 07:56 AM
I'll get a pic when the lights come on . 0 phosphates I never test mag. The red leds for extra color and more infrared spectrum was the thinking. Tank mates are a powder blue tang ,christmas wrasse, leopard wrasse, manderin dragon, scissortail damsel, 2 black clowns, dart fish,royal gramma, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp , fire shrimp , arrow crab, 2 serpent stars, purple linkia, hermits ,and snails.
Corals -rbta, lobo brain, blasto, xenya, pom pom xenya, toad stool, rhicordia, green colt, gsp, zoas, and mushrooms.

APBonds
08/24/2011, 09:55 AM
Here are the pics

moliken
08/24/2011, 01:45 PM
excellent looking clam. keep it over the flat rock, hope it's a small rockk, less than an inch. give it a week. if it's happy, it'll attach, then you can slowly move it up closer to yr lights. love your starfish. i do know that arrow crabs can be a problem, so keep an eye out!

APBonds
08/24/2011, 07:54 PM
Its a 2 inch frag plate and I was going to keep the clam where its at if it is happy. It is already attached to the plate. I will watch the crab if he so much as breaths on it its back to the lfs for him lol.

moliken
08/24/2011, 08:03 PM
the lights should be enough, but croceas need the most light of all clams. don't hesitate to move it onto the rocks.