PDA

View Full Version : 6025 question

dahenley
08/28/2011, 07:26 PM
Hello,
I purchased a Tunze 6025 used from a friend last year, and its an amazing pump, but the other day, it started making some vibrating noise... (it was kind of random though. it would start and stop sparatically)

I have cleaned it a few times, and it doesnt help any.

do you have any suggestions? (its an older model with the fixed shaft and no vibration bushings. if that helps)

rvitko
08/29/2011, 09:52 AM
The shaft should be fixed in the pump, if so then the pump is fine and the likely issue is just a worn out disk and drive unit. A new 6025.700 and 6025.740 will solve the problem.

dahenley
08/29/2011, 10:07 AM
Yes, the shaft is fixed "in" the pump.

Ill order a new drive unit and bushing from the website.
thanks Again Roger! (always helpful)

rvitko
08/29/2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks! You are always kind and helpful as well.

dahenley
09/01/2011, 03:34 PM
I just got my Tunze stuff. (packed in tons of bubble wrap to protect it) thanks again.

But i have a question.
My old impeller is white and the new one is blue. (the magnets look a little different, but not much. i figure its because of evolution)
and the old washer/spacer is SS, and thinner.
the new one is a plastic type material and probably 2x as thick.
When i was putting the washer on, it fits tight on the shaft, while the old SS one is looser and slides on easy.
is this normal, or should i not have pushed it on? (i didnt have to use lots of force or anything, but it didnt just fall onlike the old one.)

rvitko
09/01/2011, 04:10 PM
The prop color is just that, only a color, the plastic is the same, it was only a cosmetic change. The major technical change is the grey black color of the disk and the base and shaft on the magnet, this is a carbon reinforced plastic, the older plastic would pick up bits of sand and debris and act like a grinding wheel, we found this issue very early on and added the stainless steel washer as a protection between these surfaces and then went to the new plastic. The disk has two functions, it is a shim that spaces the magnet properly in the electromagnetic field and a replaceable wearing surface. In the first models the disks were half the thickness, there was actually a half thickness white one under the stainless steel. Initially this was a hand labor step where the assembler would use 1-3 shims to ensure proper operation, not enough shim and the magnet is trapped behind the magnetic field and cannot correct direction, too much and the energy efficiency goes down. Later we improved the construction so the coil locked in place and was constant and settled on 1 double thickness disk.

One thing you will see with our products is we constantly tweak them, if we can drop a couple decibels or a few watts or gain some pumping power we implement it ASAP and it is almost always retrofittable. Common products typically see some improvement every 6 months.

dahenley
09/01/2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks.
(the noise that i had with the old drive unit went away when i put the new impeller and spacer in, so there are no negatives, its all positive!!)
i just wanted the re-assurance before i let it run too long (in case i did something wrong...)

thanks again Roger.