PDA

View Full Version : sulphur denitrator no longer working?

iLLwiLL
08/28/2011, 07:41 PM
I picked up a used korallin 1502 denitrator a couple months ago and had it hooked up and producing 0 nitrate effulent in no time. Recently I picked up a calcium reactor and had to move the denitrator to a different part of the interior of my stand and ever since (around 2 weeks now) its not doing anything.

I'm pretty sure its all hooked back up correctly, but its just not working. Could it just be a coincidence that its now time to replace the sulfur media? Any other ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks,

~Will.

moondoggy4
08/28/2011, 07:50 PM
I do not think you have to replace the media.. Is the Eheim pump circulating the water in the unit. Is the feed pump working?

iLLwiLL
08/28/2011, 08:21 PM
I think I read somewhere you have to replace it every few years, but I could be mistaken. Its currently dripping at 1 drop per second (water being pumped in at the inlet, and out at the outlet), the eheim recirc pump is working fine as far as I can tell, and when I just checked it there was some trapped air built up in the chamber. when released it had no smell of sulfur / rotten eggs.

~Will.

moondoggy4
08/29/2011, 10:03 AM
Trapped air is bad rotten smell even worse Do not open it up in the house. That stuff is dangerous find out more info before taking it apart and cleaning it.